Monday, October 22, 2012

Wooden It Be Nice?

Wooden pieces for mini album covers? It works.
Here at Club Scrap I'm always looking for fun paper crafting projects as well as ways to turn my projects into keepsakes and I think this is certainly one of those projects. These 5"x6" wooden pieces make nice mini album covers! Once again, a simple little thing found becomes a keepsake to me. Here are a couple of the wooden covered mini albums I've enjoyed putting together.


The wooden cover is a good rubber stamping surface.

The wood is soft enough to cut a window into on the front cover.


The wood can be easily colored with any color ink pad.


Now for a peek inside the kettle stitched pages....

I'll continue to fill them with photos, rubber stamping and other memories.

But, for those of you more curious about the construction, here are a couple stepout photos.


This is how easy it is to color and rubber stamp on the wooden pieces.


Then I kettle stitched together a block of pages to fit inside the wooden covers.


Then attached the wooden covers with book binding glue.




Wrapping the paper straps around the front and back covers gives the book pages more stability.


That's it in a nut shell, another fun creating process, but with wooden covers this time!
Thanks so much for looking!
Wishing you a creative day,
Kay

4 comments:

  1. Love this project Kay! I just wish CS still had some of those covers available. Very very cool. I even did the stamping technique you did on the first cover from the Great Outdoors Senior Scrap Rap on a paper covered Christmas stitch bound journal last year. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay this is so cool! You rock when it comes to these crafty projects. Out to look for wooden book covers :) Thanks for keeping us inspired with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cool Julie, I would love to see your Great Outdoors project too :) Thanks again AuntKat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kay, love love love these! I bought some of those wooden pieces when there were seconds on sale and this is a lovely way to use them. Decisions, decisions....

    ReplyDelete