Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!

 
A last minute Valentine wish to you!

 
Since Club Scrap's February Kit Collection has this great Up, Up & Away theme, and I'm SO into hot air balloons this month, I just had to whip up this heart balloon card. I had the black thread still on the needle on my craft desk from last weeks Jr Stencil Spoiler (so fun) for the Club Scrap Creates Blog, so the needed supplies were handy so why not?
 
Thinking I'll give this card to my daughter, she'll just love it, I hope :)
 
A little about how I made it.
 
 

I cut a heart out using the balloon stamp as a starter and guide for heart size. Then used that template to cut out six hearts total, folded them down the center and glued them together.
 
 
Thinking a little stitching would be a cool touch, so I pierced stitching holes in the hearts before gluing onto my card front.
 
 



Here I am attaching the hearts onto the stamped card.
 
 
Then pierced a couple more stitching holes and ran the thread through.
 
  
Cute as can be for a last minute Valentine!
 
 
 
Once again, Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Kay

4 comments: