Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Club Scrap Lakes Blog Hop

Thanks for stopping by during the Club Scrap Lakes Blog Hop. If you've just arrived from Hetty's great Craft Chaos, you are in the right place.

This month I've put together an 8.5x11" page using Lakes papers featuring a waterfall technique.

Club Scrap Lakes Collection featuring Waterfall Technique - Waterfall Mechanism Opened
Waterfall Mechanism closed
Since this collection is all about water, I thought I'd use a waterfall technique for adding more photos to my page. Here's a bit about how it went together.

1. Cut six 4.75x3.25" pieces of Dark Teal Plain. Score and fold each piece horizontally at 2.25". (Not in half.)

2. Adhere the back of one short flap to the back of one long flap with the non-folded edges aligned. Repeat to create the waterfall-like structure.



3. Adhere the back flap of the last waterfall page to a 5x5" Light Teal base. Align the folded edge of the flap with the left edge of the paper, and center from top to bottom.



4. Close all of the flapped pages. Adhere a 6.25x3.25" strip to the outside of the first folded page, aligned from top to bottom and centered from left to right. This page will function as a pull tab. Swing the pull tab around to the back, bringing it beneath the 5x5" Light Teal base.



5. Flip over the mechanism and place foam tape onto the 5x5" Light Teal base in a "U"-shaped pattern to create space for the mechanism to work. More than two layers of foam tape may be required.


6. Attach the mechanism to a scrapbook page.



7. Decorate the waterfall with photos and embellishments, and enjoy sliding out the mechanism to reveal each page. This size worked nicely for wallet sized pictures.






I tried so hard to show the page with still photos . . . but I think a little video would give you a much better idea.


Next on the hop is my extremely creative friend Cathy at The Artful Gamut. Enjoy!

Kay

28 comments:

  1. WOW! That is so very clever not to mention the potential it's got. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stunning Kay - You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea with great execution as usual, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, love the video and the page is fabulous! Another blast from the past post, LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, waterfal card!! I have done one like that in ages. Great reminder and your page is a beauty (or is it the girl/!) Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, Love this process. It is a wonderful way to add a large number of photos to one single page! Thanks so much for sharing this idea !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Mary in WI said! Stunning page as always, and it doesn't hurt the photo subjects are stunning, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best waterfall technique I have seen. Love the way this one goes together. Beautiful layout! Have a great day Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to add extra photos to a page Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever, and you made it look so simple! Thanks for the tutorial in picture and video form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job, I love the little detail of the little circles for the tabs on the waterfall section, it's always the little things that make something like that pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome idea using the waterfall on a layout. Thank you for the video showing how it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    I just love it! I made this for one of my albuns and it was a success. Thank you fou sharing this.

    I have a little doubt: is it possible make it for large pictures? If is, how can I do? The strip that make the machanism work need to be as larger than the pages or I can use the same mesures for this strip?
    And, please, I'm sorry if I made mistakes. I'm from Brazil and my english is not that good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not wait to try this! I have been looking everywhere for something like this! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Pat in Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice and precise instructions for this nice waterfall album. TY

    ReplyDelete
  16. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frAugust 27, 2016 at 4:10 AM

    SUPERBE ET BONNE IDEE ++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I really like this work))))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! I can't wait to try this on my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kay,
    Fantastic work, I love this idea, and you're a genius, thank you for sharing. Love it!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hallo Kay,
    ich habe eine Frage.

    Darf ich deine Layuotseite verlinkten um eine Challange im Forum für Januar 2018 zu starten.

    Hierzu zeige ich dein Layout und ein gelifteten von mir, werde ein Links zu deinem Blog machen und es können ca. 120 Leute dein Werk nachdenken (Liften)

    Würdest du mir deine Einverständniserklärung dafür geben, bitte.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Kay,

    we are planning a Jump Start in January at our German Scrapbook forum (http://scrapbooktreff.de). Now we´re looking for 31 layouts to lift. I would like to show your layout "xxx xxx xxx" for inspiration. Do you mind if I show your layout ? Otherwise I only give the link to our members.

    I would be very happy if I get an answer - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. I´vorgot my email: Creativeule@gmail.com

    your layout "waterfall technique"

    Send my a massage

    ReplyDelete